Bus service in Macon-Bibb County continues uninterrupted. We’ve never missed a beat, despite the pandemic — and we’re working hard to keep our riders and personnel safe on every ride, every day.
The Transfer Station remains closed & tickets can be purchased at the window, from the kiosk inside (one person at a time) OR with our TOKEN TRANSIT app which makes buying tickets & boarding MTA buses quick & easy! Check out the steps on our Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/pg/maconbibb.transit/posts/?ref=page_internal
1. Locate the app in the app store on your phone.
2. Create an account. TOKEN TRANSIT will verify your number.
3. Log in to buy tickets.
4. Choose Macon Transit Authority.
5. Select your “rider type” – regular, senior, student, etc.
Seniors (62 & older) will need to show a photo ID. People with disabilities & Medicare cardholders must have an MTA Reduced Fare ID card.
6. Then, select your fare & number of tickets.
7. Choose your ride & pay with credit card or Apple Pay.
8. Confirm payment & you’re ready to ride.
9. When boarding an MTA bus, simply show the bus operator your TOKEN TRANSIT ticket — a pink cherry blossom. For security purposes, the word Macon and the time will be moving/changing.
Macon is the only Token Transit city with its own special logo & image!
Questions? Call (478) 803-2504/2505.
Our friendly supervisors are happy to help you.
MTA — We Keep Macon Moving!