May 18, 2021
Macon-Bibb County Transfer Authority (MTA) remains committed to the safety of our riders and staff. We continue to follow the science, conditions, and data in Macon-Bibb County, in Georgia, and nationally.
Given the decrease in COVID cases and deaths and the increase in vaccination rates, MTA has made several adjustments with changes highlighted in yellow. However, MTA adheres to federal transit guidelines which remain in place (specifically masks), until at least September 13, 2021.
MTA BUS POLICIES (Fixed Route & Paratransit)
1. No temperature check to board an MTA bus.
2. A mask must be worn over nose & mouth & affixed to head.
3. Maximum of 15 passengers on fixed route buses.
4. MTA continues sanitizing buses upon each return to the Transfer Station after the completion of each route, at the beginning and end of each driver’s shift, and nightly.
TRANSFER STATION POLICIES
1. No mask required on street outside Transfer Station.
2. No temperature check to enter Transfer Station.
3. Restrooms are open.
4. Drinking fountains are operational. Beverage & snack machines are available.
5. Signs indicating 6-foot spacing have been removed.
6. MTA supervisors will continue to enforce mask-wearing inside the building.
7. Buy bus tickets: (a) with a Smart Card at the kiosk inside the Transfer Station; (b) at the supervisor’s window with exact change; or (c) with the TOKEN TRANSIT smartphone app.
TERMINAL STATION & ITS RESTROOMS REMAIN CLOSED
1. Although masks are not mandated inside the Terminal Station, visitors must adhere to the policies of the office they are visiting and may be asked to wear a mask in that office.
2. A security guard remains on duty inside the building. MORE INFORMATIONOur friendly, knowledgeable supervisors are available to assist & answer questions.(478) 803-2504/2505: Mon.-Fri.: 6:00 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. & Saturday: 6:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
MTA website: mta-mac.com Facebook: Macon-Bibb County Transit AuthorityAnd our COVID Alert – Limited Seating Signs are Gone! Early signs of starting to return to normal!