In mid-March, Macon-Bibb County Transit Authority (MTA) presented a COVID-19 10-POINT PLAN effective Monday, March 23 through Saturday, April, 2020.
In light of Georgia governor Brian Kemp’s extension of the state’s shelter-in-place order, in an abundance of caution, MTA will extend its FREE FARE & REDUCED SERVICE program through Thursday, April 30.
MTA COVID-19 10-POINT PLAN DETAILS
The MTA is committed to serving the citizens of Macon-Bibb County while minimizing contact and practicing social distancing during the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic. To prevent/slow transmission, the MTA will continue the following policies/procedures:
1. REDUCE TRANSIT to our weekend service level on our nine (9) routes.
2. OPERATE BUSES 5:20 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. six (6) days a week — Monday – Saturday.
To view the specific routes with details and schedules, go to MTA website:
3. PROVIDE ALL TRANSIT SERVICE — FIXED ROUTE & PARATRANSIT FREE of CHARGE.
∙ EACH RIDER MUST SUBMIT to a TEMPERATURE CHECK BEFORE BEING ALLOWED on a BUS.
∙ ANYONE WITH TEMPERATURE of 100.4 ̊OR HIGHER WILL NOT BE PERMITTED on a BUS.
∙ THERMOMETER is NON-INVASIVE & RESULTS are CONFIDENTIAL.
4. OPERATE PARATRANSIT for MEDICAL NECESSITY ONLY, which includes:
∙ Dialysis, doctor appointments, to grocery store & to pharmacy for medications.
∙ No other demand response service is available.
∙ PARATRANSIT RIDERS MUST CONTINUE CALLING to SCHEDULE TRIPS (478) 803-2521.
5. REDUCE RIDERSHIP – CONTINUOUS RIDING IS PROHIBITED & MONITORED BY SUPERVISORS & DRIVERS.
∙ The ONE ROUNDTRIP RULE is in effect to prevent people from continuously riding buses.
∙ Riders MUST disembark at Transfer Station, end of route, or at stop along route, each hour or trip.
6. OPERATE FIXED ROUTE SERVICE with the following policies:
a. REAR DOOR BOARDING & DISEMBARKING ONLY.
b. CAUTION TAPE placed between driver’s compartment & riders (per Centers for Disease Control) to promote the physical distancing crucial to preventing/slowing the spread ot COVID-19.
7. DISALLOW UNACCOMPANIED YOUTH RIDERS: Young people must ride an MTA bus with a parent/guardian, or adult at least 18-years-old.
8. CLOSE MTA TRANSFER STATION to the PUBLIC and LOCK RESTROOMS.
9. KEEP TRANSIT SUPERVISORS ON DUTY to ANSWER QUESTIONS & PROVIDE GUIDANCE. For specific questions on ridership, please call: (478) 803-2504/2505.
10. CLOSE MTA ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICES to the public: 2737 Broadway and Terminal Station (2nd floor), Paratransit Office & Maintenance Facility.