Effective: Monday, September 28, 2020 with Updated Policies & Procedures
As promised at the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, MTA continually reviews its policies and makes adjustments as warranted. We follow the science and are mindful of conditions and data in Macon-Bibb County and in the State of Georgia.
POLICIES & PROCEDURES INSIDE TRANSFER STATION
1. Must submit to temperature check. No one with 100.4 or above will be admitted.
2. Must wear a mask affixed to head at all times — and covers the nose & mouth.
3. Must maintain physical distance of at least six (6) feet.
4. Seating inside Transfer Station is limited in order to maintain the required physical distance. An MTA supervisor will take temperature, enforce mask-wearing & monitor flow in/out of Transfer Station.
5. Restrooms are open — one person at a time.
6. Drinking fountains are NOT operating.
7. Beverage & snack machines are operating.
8. Kiosk for Smart Card purchase is available. All other ticket sales handled at supervisor’s window.
9. Easy purchase option — buy single or multiple bus tickets on TOKEN TRANSIT smartphone app.
POLICIES ON MTA VEHICLES
1. Maximum of 15 riders on each bus (up from 10).
2. Riders must observe FRONT ENTRY & REAR EXIT, except on Cutaway buses which have no rear door.
3. Riders must maintain physical distance from other riders & bus operator whenever possible.
4. MTA continues to disinfect buses upon return to Transfer Station at completion of each route & by bus operators at beginning & end of each shift. Bus operators use surgical gloves to assist passengers & wipe high-use interior areas of the bus. At night, after operating hours, interior of each bus is sprayed with a high power, commercial disinfectant.
As always, our friendly supervisors are available to assist & answer questions.
TERMINAL STATION & RESTROOMS REMAIN CLOSED
1. Essential business & appointments ONLY — guard on duty.
2. You must wear a mask to enter Terminal Station.
(478) 803-2504/2505: Monday-Friday: 6:00 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. & Saturday: 6:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
MTA website: mta-mac.com & Facebook: Macon-Bibb County Transit Authority