MTA is HIRING for SEVERAL JOBS. When applying, please specify the job.
YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED BEFORE BEGINNING TO WORK FOR MTA — 2 shots of Moderna or Pfizer or 1 shot of Johnson & Johnson.
At MTA, we’re proud that we vax and mask.
1. EXPERIENCED FIXED ROUTE DRIVERS WITH CDL WHO NEED a “P” ENDORSEMENT MTA will train. $1,500 signing bonus, Minimum of $15 hourly + great benefit package.Most health coverage paid, paid dental + generous 401K.
2. EXPERIENCED FIXED ROUTE DRIVERS WITH CDL & “P” ENDORSEMENT $1,500 signing bonus, Minimum of $15 hourly + great benefit package. Most health coverage paid, paid dental + generous 401K.
3. BUS MECHANICS: Familiar with medium-duty diesel vehicles & components, CDL, must pass Dept. of Transportation physical. Must have own hand tools AND reliable transportation. Salary based on experience + great benefit package. Most health coverage paid, paid dental + generous 401K.
4. TEMPORARY MITIGATORS (approximately 1-year, 12 workers needed). No special skills, MTA provides on-the-job training. Temporary work, at least one-year, but can lead to permanent, full-time job with MTA at $12 hourly.
5. TRANSIT PLANNER – Administrative job, reports to CEO– Exempt position responsible for collecting and analyzing ridership and transit operations data for service planning and reporting, creating, and recommending service adjustments, route restructures, bus stop changes, and organizing and conducting public outreach and presentations.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES• Maintain federal Title VI compliance• Record and report Title VI complaints in the Title VI plan • Implement and expand MTA’s Public Participation Plan• Incorporate citizens’ suggestions into MTA’s strategic plan and document public engagement• Limited English Proficiency Plan • Analyze demographic shifts annually to accommodate the growing population of limited English proficiency populations.• Maintain an outreach plan to engage populations that may not speak English well or at all.• Ensure that all public documents are translated to necessary language(s) as growth occurs in Macon-Bibb County.• Disadvantaged Business Enterprise reporting and certification.• Maintain compliance on federal requirements on DBE contracts and encourage aid contractors in the DBE certification process.• Policy Liaison between the reporting agencies and MTA. As regulations change, the Transit Planner must remain nimble to understand policy changes and make the necessary the operational adjustment to policy.• ADA compliance Review • Periodically review internal practices to assure adherence to federal ADA standards
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Urban Planning, Transportation, Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field from an accredited college or university, or equivalent combination of education and experience to perform the essential duties of the job.
KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES – Work independently to devise new methods, adapt, or change standard procedures to meet new and evolving conditions. – Make decisions guided by precedent and within the limits of established policies.– Capable of performing a wide variety of duties requiring sound judgement.– Work within defined objectives and broad and varying policies, procedures, rules, or precedents.– Work independently and collaboratively with other members of the management team.– Prepare technical reports.– Strong problem solving, time management, and organizational skills.– Learn new software and adapt to technological changes.
SKILLS– Must be able to read and understand maps and construction plans.– Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.– Must be proficient in all aspects of Microsoft Office, particularly in Microsoft Excel.For more information: Debbie Vetter, MTA Human Resources Manager — email@example.com or (478) 621-7121.
TO APPLY for any of these MTA jobs:
Go online mta-mac.com.
Under top banner, click on MTA Careers, Click on Job Application. Print and complete the form.
Mail or return to MTA office, 2737 Broadway or 200 Cherry Street (2nd floor)
pick up a form at the MTA office, 2737 Broadway or at the Terminal Station, 200 Cherry Street (2nd floor).
Mail or return to MTA: 200 Cherry Street, Macon, GA 31201 or 2737 Broadway, Macon, GA 31206
Email to debbievetter@mta-mac,com. BE SURE TO SPECIFY THE JOB YOU’RE APPLYING FOR.