Macon-Bibb County Transit Authority Announces ROUTE REINSTATEMENT of the BELLEVUE EXPRESS ROUTE & MODIFICATIONS TO THE WEST MACON ROUTE.
EFFECTIVE: MONDAY, FEBRUARY 3, 2020
BELLEVUE EXPRESS ROUTE
1. Monday – Friday, 5:40 a.m. – 6:05 p.m.
2. Saturday, 5:40 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
3. Service does not include Log Cabin Drive, Hollingsworth Road and Mumford Road.
4. Service does include all of Napier Avenue.
5. Service includes the intersection of Napier Avenue and Forsyth Road to Zebulon Road where riders can access Kroger, other stores in the shopping center, and the Am-Star movie theater.
6. Additionally, riders can transfer from the Bellevue bus to the Bellevue Express at no additional cost.
WEST MACON ROUTE
1. Monday – Friday, 5:20 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
a. Travels to the Macon VA Outpatient Clinic (5566 Thomaston Road) 5:20 a.m. – 4:10 p.m.
2. Saturdays, 5:20 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
a. Does not stop at the VA Outpatient Clinic because it’s not open.
b. The turnaround point is the “U-turn Lane for Trucks” which intersects at Woodfield Road.
TIMES CHANGING on THREE (3) ROUTES
1. Weekdays: North Highland, Ocmulgee Express and Bellevue Express will run from 5:40 a.m. – 6:05 p.m.
MTA president/CEO Craig Ross, “We’re grateful to the Macon-Bibb County commissioners who reinstated $300,000 to the MTA budget. This allocation qualifies us for a federal match of $300,000. The addition of $600,000 in fiscal year 2020 is enabling us to reinstate a second bus on the North Highland and Ocmulgee routes. And in February, we’re adding another bus to the Bellevue route, which will reduce wait times for our customers, which is always a goal.”